Before you light fireworks
- Use legal fireworks, available at licensed outlets.
- Store fireworks out of children’s reach.
- Keep pets safe indoors.
- Have water handy.
When lighting fireworks
- An adult should light all fireworks.
- Use outdoors only.
- Light one firework at a time and move away.
- Do not throw fireworks or hold in your hand.
- Never relight a “dud”.
After you finish
- Soak used fireworks in water.
- Be considerate — clean up used fireworks.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children