Investing in yourself is taking time to care for yourself so you can be a healthier version of you. Just like depositing money into the bank is investing in your savings account, every time you do something for your physical, emotional, or mental health you metaphorically make a deposit into your self-care bank and invest in yourself. The experience of divorce can cause many negative feelings like grief, loss, anxiety, and anger. Many attempt to stay busy to avoid experiencing those negative feelings. With so many changes in your, and your children’s life, finding time for self-care might feel impossible or selfish, but it is one of the best gifts you can give your children. The following self-care options are ways for you to begin investing in yourself and thus increasing your physical and mental health.
- Balance Your Health – Find time to exercise, eat a healthy diet, and get a good night’s sleep.
- Get With People – Find time to hang out with your friends or even join a new group of people with shared interests.
- Practice Gratitude – Find value and appreciate the good things in your life, instead of focusing on what is lost or what you do not have.
- Relax, Meditate and Practice Mindfulness – Focus on being in the present moment instead of worrying about the past or the future.
- Self-Compassion– Treat yourself with the love and kindness you would give others.
- Make Time for Fun – Bring out your inner child with play or learn something new.
Self-care allows you to be a healthier version of you, so you can be better equipped to be the parent you desire to be for your children. Click on this article Investing in Yourself to learn more about ways to take care of YOU!