I make this ginger snap recipe every December. I love these cookies and so do my kids. They are easy and fun to make, and even more fun to eat!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup colored, coarse sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the molasses mixture to form a dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls in the colored sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.