This time of year always gets my allergies going. With the incredibly warm fall we are having, my symptoms seem to be even worse than normal! If you, like me, are suffering from late summer/early fall allergies, here are some tips for making your home an easier place to breathe:
- wash bedding weekly
- dust your furniture weekly
- remove carpet and dust-mop hard floors several times a week or vacuum with a anti-allergen filter
- choose furniture that is easy to clean
- keep windows closed- I know, I know… I really wanted to turn off my a/c too.
- remove clutter from all or most rooms as clutter can trap dust and allergens
- if you cannot re-home pets, at least keep them out of the bedroom
- wash curtains and clean blinds a few times a year
- keep the house clean!
Adapted from: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/allergies/in-depth/allergy/art-20049365?pg=1