I love the Christmas Season! I love finding new ways to create traditions with my family each year. Last year, we did an advent calendar for the first time. I found one I really liked from a popular, but spendy, home furnishing store. My husband made a copycat version of it for me and we have had such a good time with it! I made out a calendar of activities I wanted to include, because I am not for giving a gift every single day of December. I wanted to share some of my ideas with you.
- Make a Christmas song video- just have the kids stand in front of the tree and sing or dance to Christmas music. Take video with your phone or other device.
- Make cards for teachers.
- Make little crafts to give as gifts to the grandparents.
- Make cookies.
- Go see the lights.
- Family game night.
- Movie night. (every Friday in our house is movie night)
- Read The Christmas Story.
- Toast and Cocoa before bed.
- Candy in the bucket. (sometimes we are just too busy for an activity)
- Video message from Santa. You can make a free one at Portable North Pole.
- Check on the reindeer.
I hope you will be inspired to start a new family tradition this season. Family traditions help kids do better in school, help kids feel like a part of something bigger than themselves, reduce family conflict, help preschool children improve their health.
Make today the time to start a new family tradition!